Good morning, today I got a chance to go on the local news FOX 4 and talk about a few ways to save money this Spring Break. Here are those tips in detail with links to each location, or deal.
If you’re still planning something for Spring Break:
- If you’re still planning a vacation a great place to look for deals is “Groupon Spring Break“. There are a lot of packages available including trips to Las Vegas, Mexico, and California. They also have family travel deals, romantic trips, all-inclusive, and air included trips.
- Check for affordable flights on Priceline.com and CheapOair.
- Travelzoo.com has great rates on all-inclusive travel, and last minute airline tickets.
- Search for budget-friendly lodging by search “small lodging” for the location you plan to visit. Small lodging options are a fraction of the cost of traditional hotels, and sometimes the experience is much better. If you are visiting Florida check out Superior Small Lodging. I stayed at Tuckaway Shores last year and had an amazing time. My room was right off of the ocean. It was beautiful, and the price to stay there was about what it cost to stay at the Marriott in KC. You can save 20% at Tuckaway Shores until Dec 2015, using coupon code “BLOG”.
- Hilton Caribbean & Latin America has rates starting as low as $99 per night, with $50 per night on-property credit for a culinary journey, to play a round of golf, spend the day relaxing at the spa, and more when travelers book its Leisure Escape packages.
If you’ve already set something up for the family (out of town/state):
- Visit Peek.com. Peek.com has a variety of “Experiences” for your out of town visits. Deals on food tours, water sports, day trips, activities to do with kids, and more.
- Visit US Family Guide to view discount options on attractions, coupons for various activities, and dining options.
- Again search Groupon for activities to do while out of state, I tried a few groups for restaurants in Chicago when I was there and got a chance to experience the “deep dish” pizza for less.
- Search the Kansas City Kids Guide to find family attractions.
- Snow Creek. I know it’s Spring Break, but Snow Creek has budget-friend skiing and snow tubing, right here in Missouri. Snow Creek is 45 minutes away in Weston, MO.
- Go on the Gangster Tour The Gangster Tour takes you on the trail of Kansas city’s most notorious Goodfellas.
- Kansas City has Segway Tours. I want to try this out one day.
- Coco Key
- Great Wolf lodge promotions
- Chateau Avalon for lovers that want to splurge.
- Check Groupon for restaurant deals.
- Check out a Murder Mystery Dinner Show