This article is sponsored by the National Pork Board
The weather in the midwest has been phenomenal! Perfect for grilling! Now, I’m not a big griller (leave that task to my boyfriend), but I’ve been wanting some grilled pork chops.
If you shop sales ads you’d notice that pork has been incredibly affordable these days, and I stocked up on a bunch of bone-in pork chops. I would have liked them to be a little thicker, but I only shop sales and these chops fit the budget.
I’m going to share with you a simple recipe I put together using items I got on sale, and the total meal cost me about $1.37 per serving.
Easy Grilled to Perfection Pork Chops
- Bone-in Pork Chops (thawed if frozen)
- Lemon Pepper
- Your favorite meat rub (I used my uncles special hush-hush blend recipe)
1. Season your meat with lemon pepper, your favorite rub, pepper, and a pinch of salt (don’t over salt the meat). Let the meat sit until you’re ready to cook it. (you could also put everything in a baggie and let it sit in the refrigerator overnight for more flavor)
2. While your meat is sitting, start your grill.
3. Once your charcoal ashes over put the pork chops on the grill.
4. Once your meat is on the grill close it and let the pork chops cook for 15 minutes.
5. Open the grill and flip the pork chops over. Close the grill and cook the other side of the chops for 15 minutes. (notice the smoke rising in the picture, it gives the meat an amazing flavor)
6. Take the pork chops off of the grill and enjoy.
*Note: The thicker the pork chop the longer you keep them on the grill. If they aren’t thoroughly cooked try grilling another 5 to 10 minutes*
If you stalk the sales ads you’d also notice that Birds Eye Steamfresh fresh frozen vegetables have been on sale at a variety of grocery stores. I just popped the bag in the microwave a few minutes before I took the meat off of the grill and 4 minutes later had delicious veggies to eat with my pork chops.
This meal is incredibly easy to make and should only take about 30 minutes after you get your charcoal going.